Monday, February 4, 2013

Sankt Gallen's Chocolate beers at Kyoto's Yodobashi Camera

Last Sunday after work I decided to go to Kyoto's Yodobashi Camera Global Kitchen since I saw a few weeks ago that they had a special Valentine's Day beer from Kizakura Kappa Country. Since I always like to support local breweries I thought I'd pick one up.






So I was pleasantly surprised to find out they now had some more Japanese craft beers! Namely, they are carrying all three of Sankt Gallen's chocolate beers.


They are only available for a limited time so hurry up and go pick yours up! I have to say I am impressed with Sankt Gallen as they have done a really nice job boosting their distribution for these beers. It is great since the more people see interesting beers the more the craft industry grows.


So here you can see from right to left:

KizaKura's Chocolate Beer 7%
Sankt Gallen's Sweet Vanilla Stout 6.4%
Sankt Gallen's Orange Chocolate Stout 6.5%
Sankt Gallen's Imperial Chocolate Stout 8.5%

That night I tried the Sweet Vanilla Stout. I'd had it before on draft and really liked it. In a bottle straight from the fridge it started off with too much of a vanilla flavor, it was kind of overpowering. After it warmed up though the flavors blended and it became quite nice. It is a nice mild flavored stout, good roast caramel/chocolate notes with a sweet vanilla aftertaste.

These beers seem worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment