Saturday, June 15, 2013

Tadg's Birthday Party

So after work today, I headed to Tadg's for his birthday party. I got there a bit late but still managed to snag some of Ise Kadoya's very nice Galaxy IPA.











A little while later, the food started to flow and the friendly party guests were sharing beers.? I gave Tadg a few gifts as did many others which prompted him to say "I am being assaulted by gifts" which I think is a pretty nice way to be assaulted! I ran out of beer so I had the solid but average Ise Kadoya Bitter Ale...


As usual, the food at Tadg's was fantastic.


The man of the hour, Happy Birthday buddy!

As the party continued I contributed a bottle of Imper Ale the Imperial Russian Stout from Birra del Borgo to the general merriment.


After that, Mark popped open Sierra Nevada's 30th Anniversary Jack & Ken's Ale which was a very nice black barleywine. It had a fantastic chocolate aroma, lovely creamy mouthfeel, sweet chocolate, boozy but smooth taste with a bit of astringency in the aftertaste, excellent stuff.



The next amazing beer to come out of the woodwork was The Bruery's Black Tuesday a Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout.Wow! The aroma on this beer was a super boozy! The taste had coconut, vanilla to it which once I heard it was aged in bourbon barrels I could totally believe it. It definitely has a sipping bourbon kind of feel to it. It's a delicious beer, perfect for after dinner sipping as a digestive. I got a real winter cabin by the fireplace vibe, not really matching the 30C hot humid summer weather but it is a truly nice beer in small doses. Get a bottle & share with friends!


 

 A great time was had by all, good food, good people, great beers... what more could you ask for? You're a lucky man Tadg!




















No comments:

Post a Comment