Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tingara Kyoto's Ichijoji Brewery's Pub



 Hey everyone, last Thursday I had business up in northern Kyoto so I decided to stop in for lunch at the very nice Tingara brewpub! It is run by Kyoto's Ichijoji Brewery who specialize in fruit beers and always seem to be trying new things. Their small brewery is in the same building right next door. It's a great place that focuses on okinawan food and of course great beer!



 
 They have a great lunch set, 800 yen gets you a nice meal. 1000 yen gets you the meal plus a 240ml beer of your choice from the 4 taps on offer. I always go for the 1500 yen lunch set with a tasting set of all 4 beers! You can also order the tasting set on it's own for 800 yen, each beer is about 115ml in the set.




As you can see it is a really nice looking place. The food is pretty good too. Here are some lunches I had there.


 1500 set lunch featuring an old ale, pumpkin ale,  peach ale & ginger ale. I really loved their pumpkin ale, not pumpkin pie just nice rich pumpkin flavor!
 1500 yen set lunch of a fish curry-delicious!
My tasting set featuring a coffee stout, blonde ale, ginger ale & melon ale.


 As you can see the coffee stout was a collaboration with green eyes coffee. I am not a coffee drinker but that stout really grew on me!









All in all a great brewpub in Kyoto but I may be biased as Ichijoji Brewery is my favorite local brewery. When I visited this week, I realized that the ceiling has been made to have the same curve of a starry night as Ichijoji's logo, cool!

If you need directions in English check out ratebeer's page on this brewpub here. You can also see more photos and my review in my facebook album for Tingara.




4 comments:

  1. Totally hitting this place tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to try this place out when I'm in Kyoto this fall. Thanks for the heads up!

    -Curtis
    http://www.startatthemarket.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fun place but unfortunately it is no longer open for lunch on weekdays... The current opening hours are:

    CLOSED WED
    WEEKDAYS + SAT 6-10PM
    SUNDAYS Lunchtime from 12-4PM

    ReplyDelete